2016 is the year of the Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro this August. To kick off this year in sports, the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee is sponsoring a Sport Photography Photo Contest. This contest is open to all amateur photographers who have an incredible photograph of a Virgin Islander demonstrating “Sport for Life” – by engaging in any sport at any level.
Photographs will be judged based on the photographer’s creativity and visual skills. Subject(s) in the photograph must be of a Virgin Islands resident engaged in sport. Subject(s) level can vary from beginner to elite, young or old. Our judging panel will consist of Virgin Islanders from all three islands, who have a passion for photography, sports or both.
By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the Entry Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Entry Rules. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Virgin Islands Olympic Committee. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules or your entry will be disqualified. There is no Entry Fee for this contest.
All photos will become property of the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee and will be displayed on the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee Facebook page, its web page and in a public space (TBA) in the Virgin Islands.
Gold – $1,000 Silver – $750 Bronze – $500
Honorable Mentions (5) – $50 each
1) Each entry consists of an entry form and a single image.
2) Each Contest entrant must be the author of the original material submitted.
3) Entries (entry form and single image) must be emailed to: NOC@VirginIslandsOlympics.org from January 25th 2016 to February 29th 2016 11:59pm local time).
4) Entries must be submitted in digital format but the photograph need not be taken with a digital camera. Scans of negatives or photographic prints are acceptable. Digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
5) Only 1 photo per person can be entered. Only your first photo will be entered.
6) Single frame and single exposures only.
7) Photographs may not show the name of the photographer or any other details (those details can be in the metadata of the photo, just not visible in the photo itself).
8) All photos must be accompanied by a caption and a three-sentence story in English.
9) Photographers under 18 must submit a guardian consent form with their entry. Request one from the VIOC Office: Email NOC@VirginIslandsOlympics.org
10) The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee. The copyright holders will hold the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee harmless of any claims from third parties relater hereto.
11) The Entry Rules and any dispute, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Entry Rules (including any non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by VI Law.
12) The conditions set out in the Entry Rules are binding, and the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.