At the 46th Annual General Assembly of the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee (VIOC), held Saturday, September 29, 2012, elections were held for the five executive officers to hold office for the next four years.
Hans Lawaetz, President of the VIOC for the past 16 years, Secretary General for the previous 20 years, and having served a total of 40 years on the VIOC, preferred not to run for re-election.
Mr. Leonard W. Bonelli, Sr. (Brother B), after serving for 36 years as Treasurer of the VIOC and having served a total of 40 years, decided to retire and not run for re-election.
All 23 of the VIOC member Sport Federations attended the Annual General Assembly, including the five executive officers, for a total of 28 eligible voting members.
The following officers were elected:
- President – Mr. Angel L. Morales (Chico) – served as Secretary General for the past 16 years and as St. Croix Vice President for the previous 8 years.
- Secretary General – Ms. Lyn Reid – served as Vice President for St. Thomas for the past 20 years and as Chef de Mission for the 2000 and 2012 Olympic Games.
- Treasurer – Mr. Joseph Boschulte – on the Board of Directors for the Virgin Islands Golf Federation.
- Vice President St. Croix – Mr. John Abramson – Vice President of the Virgin Islands Basketball Federation for the past 30 years.
- Vice President St. Thomas – Mr. Ansen Sligar – President of the Virgin Islands Wrestling Federation for the past 8 years and Director of the Virgin Islands Olympic Academy .
- Honorary President – Hans Lawaetz – elected by acclamation
- Honorary Treasurer – Mr. Leonard W. Bonelli, Sr. – elected by acclamation.